Friday 29 March 2013

Ancient relics, bombs and desecration.

Adding to the list today is not something I went out of my way for but seeing the 2,500 year old Acropolis with the Parthenon has to be worth a mention.

The night I arrived in Athens I was having dinner when a bomb went off a couple of blocks away, enough to shake my beer. Apparently someone was sending a message to a shipping magnate outside his house, nothing to be concerned about (no one was hurt) but an interesting experience non the less.

And finally today I peed on a national monument. Don't look at me like that! I felt the need in the middle of a huge park with no one around and I found the Prison of Socrates so it seemed justifiable.

Alas the one thing I did want to do I just wasn't able to organize. I wanted to see Meteora but it's a 5hr bus ride either way and taking into account the public transport and only one day to do it in I just couldn't swing it. Good to leave something to come back for.